La Sera is a dream pop / surf rock / punk band fronted by Katy Goodman, formerly of Vivian Girls. The group released a brand new EP called Queens last month. In this episode, Katy and guitarist Todd Wisenbaker—who also happens to be Katy’s husband—talk about making music that’s relentless, and how La Sera's songwriting evolved alongside their relationship.
Lucy Woodward is a singer/songwriter who is perhaps best known for co-writing Stacy Orrico's 2003 pop hit “(There’s Gotta Be) More to Life,” as well as for her work with jazz fusion group Snarky Puppy. In this episode, Lucy talks about how singing on commercial jingles helped her discover the versatility in her own sound, and what it feels like to hand a hit song over to somebody else.
- "Too Hot to Last" - Lucy Woodward
- "Free Spirit" - Lucy Woodward
- "Have You Driven a Ford Lately?" - Lucy Woodward
- "Every Kiss Begins with Kay" - Lucy Woodward
- "Quando m'en vo'" - Anna Netrebko
- "Hadouni, Hadouni" - George Adbo
- "Leave It to Me" - Lucy Woodward
- "All About That Bass" - Meghan Trainor
- "(There's Gotta Be) More to Life" - Stacie Orrico
- "Live Live Live" - Lucy Woodward
Anjimile Chithambo is a singer/songwriter based in Boston, Massachusetts. In this episode, Anjimile talks about how religion, death, and love have shaped the way they write music.